The fourth most populated city in the United States, Houston has it all. From graffiti arts to museums and the home of NASA’s space research facility and museum, Houston is not only a populous city but also one of the most popular cities in the world. Apart from all the famous monuments and architecture, people like Houston for its cost of living. According to a Forbes report, Houston has one of the lowest housing and energy costs. If you could add one more thing to the list of things Houston has, it would be cable and satellite TV. Having a tex-mex special, breakfast tacos, or enchiladas in your hand, watching your favorite game on TV can be the best feeling ever.
But, if you are new to the area and are confused about which cable TV or satellite TV package in Houston is the right fit for you, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. This article will cover the best TV packages in Houston, TX, at an affordable price with the best features possible.
Without delay, let’s get right into it!
As a Houston local, you have three great options: Spectrum, Xfinity, and DirecTV.
First, we will look at each TV provider separately so that you can make an informed decision on which is the right fit for you.
Reasons to Choose Spectrum:
Spectrum is simply one of the best when it comes to cable TV packages. Spectrum, a long successful cable provider, offers services to almost every major city in the United States. With great customer service, you can’t go wrong with Spectrum. Let’s take a look at their packages.
The first thing to know is that Spectrum offers single pay (one service), double pay (two services), and triple pay (three services). The services included are a TV package, internet, and voice.
Spectrum bundles offer Spectrum TV® Select, a standalone cable TV package that includes:
- 125+ channels with free HD
- Get channels, such as ESPN, TLC, Lifetime, CNN, Discovery, and much more without extra cost.
- Free Spectrum TV app (where you can stream any shows from anywhere)
- Thousand of On-Demand titles
- No contracts to hold you back
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price: $59.99/mo
Spectrum bundles are a great choice if you are looking for standalone packages with great features at an affordable price. There are also standalone internet packages, which start at $49.99/mo for 300Mbps with no data caps and go up to $89.99/mo for 1Gbps with no data caps.
You can also choose a double package, which includes the following:
- Spectrum TV Select+ Internet at $109.98/mo (all benefits from the TV select package and standard internet package, which is 300Mbps)
- Spectrum TV Select+ Voice at $79.98/mo (all benefits from this TV select package and unlimited voice calls)
- Spectrum Internet+ Voice at $69.98/mo (standard internet package, which is 300 Mbps and unlimited voice calls)
The best package is the triple pack, which includes the following:
- Spectrum TV Select (200+ channels with free HD, and 40,000 On-Demand titles)
- Spectrum Internet (at 300 Mbps with no data cap)
- Spectrum Voice (unlimited calls with no additional tax and other charges)
- Price: $129.97/mo (only if all three services are bundled)
Reasons to Choose Xfinity:
Managing different things in different mediums can be tedious sometimes. If you want something where you can manage all your stuff in one place, Xfinity is the best choice for you. Xfinity provides various packages with great features. Same as Spectrum, Xfinity also provides standalone and bundled services.
Xfinity bundles offer three tiers of TV services:
- Xfinity Choice TV: 10+ channels with no term agreement at $20.00/mo
- Xfinity Popular TV: 125+ channels with no term agreement at $50.00/mo
- Xfinity Ultimate TV: 185+ channels with no term agreement at $68.50/mo
NOTE: All the prices are subject to change, and the prices do not include the taxes and the equipment cost.
Xfinity offers four different tiers of internet packages:
- Xfinity Fast Internet: Up to 400 Mbps with no data cap (for 8 devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $55.00/mo.
- Xfinity Superfast Internet: Up to 800 Mbps with no data cap (for 11 devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $65.00/mo.
- Xfinity Ultrafast Internet: Up to 1 Gbps with no data cap (for 12+ devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $75.00/mo
- Xfinity Gigabit Extra Internet: Up to 1.2 Gbps with no data for an unlimited number of devices, and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $80.00/mo
For voice, Xfinity standalone package which includes:
- Unlimited nationwide phone calls
- International calls (with additional charges)
- Features, such as call identification and call blocking at no additional cost
- Emergency dispatch
- Pricing at $20.00/mo
NOTE: All these packages come with no term agreement.
Reasons to Choose DirecTV:
Houston is famous for many things, especially sports. Houston is home to the NBA’s Houston Rockets and Toyota Center. If you are an avid fan of the NBA, DirecTV, hands down, is the best choice.
DirecTV bundles offer four tiers of TV packages:
- DirecTV Entertainment– Comes with 165+ channels (60+ HD channels), 45,000 On-Demand titles, streams Live TV, and includes channels like HBO Max and SHOWTIME. Pricing at $74.99/mo.
- DirecTV Choice – Comes with 200+ channels (85+ HD channels), 55,000 On-Demand titles, streams Live TV, and includes channels like HBO Max and SHOWTIME. Along with these, it also includes regional sports channels. Pricing at $79.99/mo
- DirecTV Ultimate – Comes with 270+ channels (115+ HD channels), 60,000 On-Demand titles, stream Live TV, and includes channels like HBO Max and SHOWTIME. Along with these, it also includes regional sports channels. Pricing at $99.99/mo
- DirecTV Premier – Comes with 340+ channels (185+ HD channels), 70,000 On-Demand titles, streams Live TV and includes channels like HBO Max and SHOWTIME. Along with these, it also includes regional sports channels. Pricing at $149.99/mo
Now, if you are a fan of the NFL, DirecTV has a special feature for you. DirecTV is the only TV company that provides NFL Sunday tickets, which you can use to watch the live game regardless of where you live.
DirecTV also provides internet, but that only comes in the double package (TV+ internet) and voice that does come only in the triple package (TV + Internet + Voice).
The double pack starts at $129.99/mo and goes up to $199.99/mo, including one of the TV packages and the internet up to 300 Mbps with no data caps.
NOTE: Except for the Entertainment package, all the other TV packages come with Genie HD DVR, which allows you to record your favorite shows in HD.
- What is the cheapest cable TV and internet package in Houston, TX?
Spectrum is the cheapest cable TV and internet package in Houston, TX, which starts its service at $59.00/mo and goes up to $129.97/mo for triple packages.
- What are the best cable TV and internet companies in Houston, TX?
Spectrum, DirecTV, and Xfinity are the three best cable and internet companies in Houston, TX.
- What are the best internet providers in Houston, TX?
Spectrum and Xfinity are one of the best internet companies in Houston, TX. Spectrum offers high-speed internet with no data caps, and Xfinity provides high-speed internet with anti-malware software.
Choosing the best cable and internet package for you can be confusing sometimes. There are a lot of bundles that come with different features. You don’t have to worry about that. We will help you to select the best TV and internet deals for you by comparing all the available packages from the best providers in the area without breaking the bank.