Adjacent to Lake Michigan, Chicago is where you can take a slow and relaxed life, unlike New York, which adapts fast-moving culture. Also, Chicago locals say that work-life balance is much better, even though Chicago is home to many Fortune 500 companies, such as Boeing, McDonald’s, Sears, and others. Imagine this: after a long day at work, you come home, sitting on your couch comfortably and having a deep-dish pizza in your hand. To help elevate this scenario, you must elevate your entertainment by turning on the TV and watching your favorite shows.
Choosing the best TV and internet bundle in Chicago that justifies your entertainment and your budget is difficult sometimes, but as a local, you have two great options: the DirecTV package, Earthlink deals and Comcast Xfinity bundles
It’s best to take a look at each provider separately and come to a conclusion about which TV and internet deal in Chicago is more suitable for you!
Reason to Choose DirecTV:
The important thing for all end consumers is the reliability of the product they buy from the provider. The same is true for cable TV and internet packages. If the product is unreliable enough, consumers will not go for that product again.
DirecTV says they have considered many factors and provide a reliable product to their customers at an affordable price. Let us see what you will get if you plan to go with DirecTV.
DirecTV provides 4 tiers of satellite TV packages, which are as follows:
|DirecTV Entertainment:||DirecTV Choice||DirecTV Ultimate||DirecTV Premier|
|160+ channels (60+ HD channels)||185+ channels (85+ HD channels)||250+ channels (115+ HD channels)||330+ channels (185+ HD channels)|
|45,000 On-Demand (can stream live tv and shows in HD)||50,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live tv and shows in HD)
|60,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live tv and shows in HD)
|70,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live tv and shows in HD)|
|Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)|
|HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for 3 months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for 3 months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for 3 months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for long as you have the package|
|—||Regional sports network available||Regional sports network available||Regional sports network available|
|—||*NFL Ticket included||*NFL Ticket included||*NFL Ticket included|
*NFL Ticket is great to watch any live matches irrespective of where you live.
If you are looking for more of a package than a single payment every month, DirecTV also offers double pay and triple pay packages, which include internet (Wifi) and voice.
The double package includes:
- Any of the four tiers of satellite TV packages and internet (300 Mbps and connection up to 12 devices with no data cap). The price ranges from $129.99 to $199.99.
The triple package includes the following:
- Any of the four tiers of satellite package, internet (same as a double package), and voice (Digital home phone– unlimited calls in the US, Mexico, and Canada with more features). The price ranges from $154.98 to $224.98.
Apart from the benefits above, the installation process is simple and reliable. They use their own engineers to do the installation for you, which helps to save money on installation by hiring third-party engineers.
Do you want to learn more about DirecTV? Check out our DirecTV bundle overview!
Reason to Choose Comcast Xfinity TV:
The main reason to choose Xfinity TV is the bundle rather than the single TV package. With the bundle, you get a TV package, internet (for double pay), and voice (for triple pay). Most people use a Smart TV to consume content from various sources such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. In such cases, Comcast Xfinity TV is the best choice at an affordable price. With the bundle, you will also get cable TV channels. Let us see what benefits you get if you decide to subscribe to Xfinity TV.
With a TV subscription, Xfinity offers three tiers:
- Xfinity choice TV– 10+ channels and no equipment included with no term agreement @ $20.00/mo
- Xfinity popular TV– 125+ channels and no equipment included with no term agreement @ $60.00/mo
- Xfinity ultimate TV– 185+ channels and no equipment included with no term agreement @ $80.00/mo
NOTE: Prices are subject to change
Bundles are the stars here. With the double bundle, you can get a TV subscription with access to shows on HBO and other thousands of movies and shows On-Demand. Internet access will range from 60 Mbps to 250 Mbps based on the tier selection. You can also increase your internet speed in the package. With a voice bundle, you will get unlimited nationwide phone calls with features such as caller ID, call waiting, and much more.
Apart from TV and internet packages, Xfinity is more about security. With an Xfi gateway and the Xfinity app, you can seamlessly control your home network and prevent phishing attacks and other online attacks with the help of active advanced security.
Do you want to check out the detailed benefits of Xfinity TV packages? You may check out the Xfinity TV bundle page!
Reasons To Choose Earthlink
Earthlink is one of the few telecommunication companies that covers most of the region in the US. Meaning, there is a higher chance of getting Earthlink services in most of the cities in the US. Apart from coverage, Earthlink provides great fiber and DSL internet services in Chicago for your tailored need. If you are a graphic designer and work with high demanding online tasks, Earthlink has got you covered with its top tier, high speed fibernet connection at a reasonable price. Let us take a deep look into the benefits if you become a customer of Earthlink in Chicago.
Earthlink is an internet provider that offers five tiers of internet service, which are as follows:
- Earthlink Internet 15Mbps – As the name suggests, with this starting package, you are entitled to get 15Mbps of download speed with no data caps (and absolutely no overfees). This basic package is suitable for single user because of the download speed. As mentioned above, this service is available to 37+ states. Also, if you are facing any issues, you can always rely on the 24/7 live chat service to get it resolved in a timely manner. This package costs you $59.95/mo.
- Earthlink Internet 40Mbps – Now, we are into high speed internet zone. This package comes with 40Mbps of download speed, which is suitable for downloading heavy files and games from Steam and sometimes light streaming. Same as the basic pack, there is no datacap, meaning you can download and stream content online without having to worry about the data running out, and the best part is that two people can do the same task. All the remaining features are the same across the tiers, such as, live chat services. This package costs you $59.95/mo.
- Earthlink Internet 100Mbps – This package is the sweet spot for gamers. If you are a streamer who plays a lot of multiplayer games while streaming at the same time, this is the package for you. It comes with 100Mbps of internet speed, you don’t have to worry about the high, each input from your keyboard is lightning fast. Aside from gaming, you can also stream high quality videos without buffering. This package is suitable for 3 to 5 users for simultaneous use. In this pack, same as the other two packages, there is no data cap, and all the features are also included. This package costs you $59.95/mo.
- Earthlink Internet 300Mbps – This package seems like overkill for gaming, since 100Mbps is more than enough. But more speed means higher quality, and that, too, you can deliver to your audience at a faster pace (if you are streamer). Apart from that this package is also suitable for a small business. And the reason being is that, this package allows 9 users to get the same speed without lagging. This makes everything function properly and more efficiently. Same features from other tiers can also be seen here. This package costs you $79.95/mo.
- Earthlink Interent 1 Gigabit – This package is the ultimate top tier which comes with whopping 1000Mbps or 1Gbps of internet speed. With this package, you can perform several heavy online tasks simultaneously. This package is perfect for data analyst and engineers, since they handle TBs (Terabytes) of data daily. With this package, the task can be easier. It is an understatement to say that this package is suitable for gaming and high quality streaming, but yes, you can do that Easily. Same feature from other package, and it costs you $89.95/mo.
Are you interested in getting Earthlink for your internet connection? Check our detailed Earthlink internet plans!
- What are the best TV providers in Chicago?
- What are the best internet providers in Chicago?
The standalone best internet provider in Chicago is the AT&T bundle, with up to 1 Gbps at $90.00/mo, but there are packages that start at $5.00 and $50.00. Xfinity is the next best internet provider with nationwide WiFi hotspots.
- Which provider is best for sports channels in Chicago?
DirecTV offers various sports shows in HD, such as ESPN, SHOWTIME, and more. Additionally, DirecTV is the only provider that gives NFL tickets to their consumers, which you can use to watch any live match, irrespective of where you live.
Sometimes, choosing the best cable and satellite TV for you can be quite tedious and confusing. Don’t worry; we are here to help you from start to end. We will guide you through the steps and allow you to compare the two or more options you choose and select the best one that suits your style and budget!