From awe-inspiring, art-filled streets to a home for the world’s largest drive-in restaurant, Atlanta is an excellent place to lead a great life, and the food is delicious (a claim from locals). Being the “the Hollywood of the East Coast,” Atlanta is no slouch when it comes to the entertainment area. Home to various national teams in various sports leagues, such as NBA and NFL, you can rest assured that you will enjoy your time in Atlanta. What better way to spend your free time than sitting comfortably on your couch, watching your favorite game/show on TV? For this, you need the best and most reliable TV and internet provider in Atlanta to bring all the action to your home without compromising the quality. Don’t worry. If you are confused about which cable TV suits you the best, you are in the right place. This article will help you understand the best cable TV providers in Atlanta and the benefits they offer to their customers.
As a local, you have three great options to choose from: Spectrum, DirecTV, and Xfinity.
We will look at each TV provider and discuss their benefits, so you can make an informed decision about which TV package best fits your needs.
Reasons to Choose Spectrum:
Spectrum is simply one of the best when it comes to cable TV packages in Atlanta. Spectrum, a long successful cable provider, offers services to almost every major city in the United States. With great customer service, you can’t go wrong with Spectrum. Let’s take a look at their packages.
The first thing to know is that Spectrum bundles offer single pay (one service), double pay (two services), and triple pay (three services). The services included are a TV package, internet, and voice.
Spectrum offers Spectrum TV® Select, a standalone cable TV package that includes:
- 125+ channels with free HD
- *Get channels, such as ESPN, TLC, Lifetime, CNN, Discovery, and much more without extra cost for the first three months.
- Free Spectrum TV app (where you can stream any shows from anywhere)
- Thousand of On-Demand titles
- No contracts to hold you back
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Price: $59.99/mo
Spectrum is a great choice if you are looking for standalone TV packages with great features at an affordable price.
There are also standalone internet packages, which start at $49.99/mo for 300Mbps with no data caps, and go up to $89.99/mo for 1Gbps with no data caps.
You can also choose a double package, which includes the following:
- Spectrum TV Select+ Internet at $109.98/mo (all benefits from the TV select package and standard internet package, which is 300Mbps)
- Spectrum TV Select+ Voice at $79.98/mo (all benefits from this TV select package, and unlimited voice calls)
- Spectrum Internet+ Voice at $69.98/mo (standard internet package, which is 300 Mbps, and unlimited voice calls)
The best package is the triple pack (RECOMMENDED), which includes the following:
- Spectrum TV Select (200+ channels with free HD, and 40,000 On-Demand titles)
- Spectrum Internet (at 300 Mbps with no data cap)
- Spectrum Voice (unlimited calls with no additional tax and other charges)
- Price: $129.97/mo (only if all three services are bundled)
*Recurring Payment is required after three months of enrolling into the package.
Want to learn more about Spectrum deals in Atlanta? Check out our Spectrum bundle pricing page!
Reasons to Choose DirecTV:
DirecTV is the best TV provider to quench your thirst for sports entertainment. DirecTV has a fantastic channel lineup with many benefits, excellent customer service, and easy installation. This makes DirecTV one of the best in the TV provider market.
Let us see what DirecTV bundles offer to its customers.
First, the TV package. DirecTV provides four tiers of TV packages with various benefits, which are as follows:
|DirecTV Entertainment:||DirecTV Choice||DirecTV Ultimate||DirecTV Premier|
|160+ channels (60+ HD channels)||185+ channels (85+ HD channels)||250+ channels (115+ HD channels)||330+ channels (185+ HD channels)|
|45,000 On-Demand (can stream live TV and shows in HD)||50,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live TV and shows in HD)
|60,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live TV and shows in HD)
|70,000 On-Demand titles (can stream live TV and shows in HD)|
|Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)||Genie HD DVR included (for recording your shows)|
|HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for three months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for three months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for three months||HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax, STARZ, and EPIX included for long as you have the package|
|—||Regional sports network available||Regional sports network available||Regional sports network available|
|—||NFL Ticket included||NFL Ticket included||NFL Ticket included|
The main notable benefit of DirecTV is the NFL ticket. With this ticket, you can watch any live match, regardless of where you live.
If you are in the market for an internet and voice package, DirecTV offers all the TV, internet, and voice service in a single bundle with four tiers (same as the TV package) at prices starting from $154.98/mo up to $224.98/mo.
The main benefit that you get from DirecTV is the Genie DVR, which helps to record your favorite shows and replay them whenever you want. The next important thing is that installation is simple. DirecTV uses its own engineers to perform the installation process, which gives piece of mind to the customer, knowing that everything will go according to plan.
NOTE: The prices are fixed for the first year. After that, you can expect a price hike from the thirteenth month onwards.
Want to learn more about DirecTV deals in Atlanta? Check out our DirecTV bundle pricing page!
Reasons to Choose Xfinity:
Managing different things in different mediums can be tedious sometimes. If you want something where you can manage all your stuff in one place, Xfinity bundles are the best choice for you. Xfinity provides various packages with great features. Same as Spectrum, Xfinity also provides standalone and bundled services.
Xfinity offers three tiers of TV services:
- Xfinity Choice TV: 10+ channels with no term agreement at $20.00/mo.
- Xfinity Popular TV: 125+ channels with no term agreement at $50.00/mo.
- Xfinity Ultimate TV: 185+ channels with no term agreement at $68.50/mo.
NOTE: All the prices are subject to change, and the prices do not include taxes and equipment cost.
Xfinity offers four different tiers of internet packages:
- Xfinity Fast Internet: Up to 400 Mbps with no data cap (for 8 devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $55.00/mo.
- Xfinity Superfast Internet: Up to 800 Mbps with no data cap (for 11 devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $65.00/mo.
- Xfinity Ultrafast Internet: Up to 1 Gbps with no data cap (for 12+ devices), and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $75.00/mo.
- Xfinity Gigabit Extra Internet: Up to 1.2 Gbps with no data for an unlimited number of devices, and includes the WiFi equipment with no extra charge for 24 months. Pricing at $80.00/mo.
For voice, Xfinity standalone package, which includes:
- Unlimited nationwide phone calls
- *International calls
- Features, such as caller identification and call blocking at no additional cost
- Emergency dispatch
- Pricing at $20.00/mo
*Additional charges may be required
If you are looking for all three services in a single package, that is also available with Xfinity. The triple play (three-service package) starts at $75.00/mo with the Choice TV service and goes up to $123.50/mo with the premier TV service. Internet packages vary accordingly to the package that you choose. The voice package remains the same across the package.
Want to learn more about Xfinity deals in Atlanta? Check out our Xfinity bundle pricing page!
- What are the best cable TV providers in Atlanta?
Atlanta’s three best TV service providers are Spectrum, DirecTV, and Xfinity. Spectrum and Xfinity offer great affordable TV packages, and DirecTV provides great features and NFL Sunday Tickets for their customers.
- What are the best internet providers in Atlanta?
Spectrum and Xfinity are fine choices when it comes to internet packages. Spectrum offers standalone packages, which start at $49.00/mo for 300 Mbps speed with no data caps. Xfinity also offers standalone packages, which start at $55.00/mo for 400 Mbps with no data caps.
- Who is the cheapest TV provider in Atlanta?
Spectrum offers great features and benefits at an affordable price. The TV packages start at $59.00/mo. But the cheapest would be Xfinity, which offers 10+ channels for $20.00/mo.
TV is a great gateway to learning what is happening worldwide and enjoying TV shows and movies in your own home. Choosing the best cable, satellite, TV, and internet package can be confusing sometimes. You are investing money every month and need the best result possible. We are here to help you select the best and most affordable TV and internet package in Atlanta without breaking the bank.