Are you in the process of opening a restaurant? Are you thinking about the many ways you can make your establishment more customer friendly?
While there are many ways to improve the customer service experience, here’s one you may be overlooking: free Wi-Fi.
In today’s day and age, more restaurants than ever before are offering Wi-Fi. However, before you make this decision, there are a few things to consider.
The Benefits of Free Wi-Fi
There are many benefits of providing your customers with free Wi-Fi, including the following:
- People like to browse the internet at all times of the day, even when they’re eating. If you offer the ability for them to do so for free, it’s much easier to keep them happy.
- Business people are always working. For example, you may attract a larger lunch crowd if you offer free Wi-Fi, as business people are more likely to stop since they can grab a bite while staying on top of their inbox.
- Photos, photos, and more photos. Many people enjoy snapping photos of their food (and your establishment) and sharing with their audience, such as on Instagram and Facebook. While they can do so without free Wi-Fi, they’re more likely to share when they don’t have to use their own data.
Fortunately, it doesn’t take much to offer free Wi-Fi. All you need is internet service and a router. From there, make it known to all your visitors that Wi-Fi is free.
Even though it’s simple for your restaurant to offer free Wi-Fi, there are a handful of tips you’ll want to follow:
- Keep your business and guest Wi-Fi separate. When you open your business network to the public, you’re taking a big risk in regards to data breaches and hacks.
- Call in a professional. Even though it’s simple enough to setup a free Wi-Fi network, you may want to consult with a professional when doing so. This will ensure that everything is in good working order, such as the location of your router and the use of firewalls.
- Take speed into consideration. It’s one thing to offer Wi-Fi to visitors. It’s another thing to offer Wi-Fi that they can actually use. People want fast internet in today’s day and age. A slow connection can cause more harm than good.
Final Thoughts on Free Wifi
With free Wi-Fi, you’re providing your guests with the technology they need to enjoy their time at your establishment. Offering both fast and reliable internet service can have a positive impact on your restaurant.